Monday, March 23, 2009

Tacos Sinaloa


This taco trailer - Tacos Sinaloa, I went here today. I was the only customer waiting, and I ordered three tacos and a side of rice and they gave me three tacos and a side of rice - 15 minutes later. There were three adults and one toddler inside the trailer and it's not clear to me how the kid contributed to the production line. This is an operation that is best described as HI-LO - High Involvement, Low Output. Ideally, you'd want your thing, whatever it is to be HI-HO or LI-HO. HI-LO means your searing your gonads with all kinds of body movement, but you're making only one shiny peanut.

I go here for two reasons - the other truck, El Gordo, the one that parks a few yards ahead of this trailer is not always around, and their food is good. Really good. The tortillas are hand made and the meat is worth punching an old man over. I'd never do it, but I'd understand if it happened to someone else. Also, the people are lovely. And let me just say this, they are not slow, they just have this miraculous way of making time vanish, but not your money. The cost of my plate today - $3.75.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Same gig with the Tacos Sinaloa in Oakland. Worth every baffling minute.

Tiny said...

God bless the HI-LO entrepreneur in their taco trucks. May they discover the magic of efficiency. And until then, let us hope, for their sake, that more Asians don't get into taco trucks, we will cream them.