Tuesday, January 6, 2009

First Meal, Last Waking Thought



This is what I had for breakfast today, and pretty much every day. I was inspired by our friend Evan Roberts to take a photo of my breakfast.

I invite you to enjoy Evan's 100 Days of Breakfast.

At this moment, I am enjoying the sound of our neighbor's Mexican boyfriend doing telephone business loudly outside on the walkway with a friend whom he affectionately and alternately refers to as Nigga and Bro. I have never appreciated our neighbor's taste in douchebags or dogs really. I don't know what happened to the chihuahua, seems to have been replaced or maybe scarfed down by the rambunctious rottweiler. Now we got this new guy, Mr. Bidness Man, with a penchant for loud talking on the friends and family plan AND for shorts in the winter.

I woke up because someone had called me past the cut off time to tell me something of little importance or interest to me. Someone who giggles unnecessarily as a form of nervous punctuation. As in, "I called her back and she said no ho ho ho ha ha ha ha ha, not today ha ha ha ha haaaah!" If you are one of these people, seek help. You sound crazy.

I've used this handy impromptu sleep interruption to alter one of my hoodies, do some pull-ups, have a bowl of trader joe's vanilla clusters cereal while watching Sex and the City with my BF, put away some files and letters, did more pull-ups, pushups, sit-ups, biceps, and lunges. Thank you sleep interrupters and fuck you too. In two hours or so when I'm on the road, I'm going to make sure to drive over each of you until your guts are a human paté.

4 comments:

Ben said...

Is that a butter bell? We've got one too. They're dope. . .

Tiny said...

No, that's a bell of clarified human pate. More dope than butter.

Tara said...

I think I need a new pamphlet on the calling hours, I don't think I've violated in a while, but good god I don't want to!

A said...

how elegantly alternating beautiful and grotesque. pure flush.