Thursday, February 12, 2009

mmm mmm good

Hello out there, it's a little bit before midnight on Thursday and I had a few things to report on that I will table for now. About an hour ago, I treated myself to a the company of my newest friend, Xanax and I'm surprised at how the world seems slightly more delicious to me and I can't seem to remember why I was so pissed off earlier about a friend of mine with whom I've been working a project. Seems like ages ago - when I was young, dumb and too punk rock for my own good. Don't worry, I got it from my real doctor at Cedars Sinai using my HMO - no pharmacy runs to TJ here, just CVS on Fairfax.

My stereo is off, there is no audible music to speak of, but I find my body swaying happily to what seems to me the sounds of steel drums and crashing waves. I guess this is what it feels like to grow up in Jamaica. Why didn't I find out about this sooner?

Anyhoo, Good Night.

*****

For your listening pleasure, Yellowman at Sunsplash 82. Hope you can dig it as much as I do. You think I'm kidding?

2 comments:

Ben said...

Sweet. . I got some codeine i've been saving for a special occasion. .

Tara said...

It is so, so dangerous to relax.