Sunday, April 26, 2009

Horses


These assholes pictured above met with five other assholes, not pictured, to see KC and the Sunshine Band play at Hollywood Park. KC, having gained wisdom and girth pointed out for those too young to remember having a UHF dial on their TV, that they were the N'SYNC of their time, and you can bet, he added, that one day Justin Timberlake will look like him. Having watched enough VH-1 Behind the Music, I'd say that that's a fair prediction. You'd be safe to throw in a pill addiction too.


KC was the draw, but we were there on official bidness. This is Hollywood Park. We came to make ourselves richer and do it in the company of unsupervised kids running amuck and career horse people for whom dollar beers and hot dogs is as good as any Craft Service in this stink town.







Hollywood Park is the perfect time capsule of an era when littering was cool and smoking counted as pranayama. With only about 25 minutes in between races, time flies and so does the money. Luckily Cash Call proudly sponsors the races. That's what all those flowers are supposed to spell out. Took me 3 hours to figure that one out. According to the billboard (not pictured) I have 5 Grand at my fingertips with just my signature. Yes, my hermanos, sign me up.


I got extremely lucky on the 5th race, both of my horses came in on two different bets. Had I been able to decipher the font as foliage by post time, I could have borrowed 5Gs and parlayed them into a butter-colored Cadillac for each of my friends.


Ethan bet on Mighty Heart because he loved the movie by the same name even though the odds weren't good. Looks like that horse got kidnapped during the race.

It was a rockin time. We each left with our dignity in tact and our pants on.

Photos courtesy Ben.

2 comments:

A said...

ah, love the park. so sad I missed KC.

Ben said...

You forgot to mention we also left with all our front teeth. . . .