Saturday, April 4, 2009

World Pillow Fight Day

Today LA Blogitude observed World Pillow Fight Day by participating in the Los Angeles event. Armed with a small green decorative pillow from Ikea, I joined an ally and boarded the Metro Red Line to Pershing Square. On the way I encountered a group of fellow fighters who were quite enthusiastic.















Coming out of the rail station, there were people with pillows everywhere. And they were all headed into the square.














There were pillows of all colors, shapes and sizes – even these ones, which leave little to the imagination.














My ally and I weren’t in the square but 3 minutes before the battle horn sounded. All mayhem ensued.
















While battling, my line of sight was limited.






After several minutes, I became the single target of multiple individuals wielding fluffy weapons and my ally led us out in retreat. I snapped a few pictures in parting. In a strange twist of events, one of these photos features our friend over at Lascher@Large. In the chaos of the battlefield, his presence just feet away was unbeknownst to me.














Heading back to the train, the extent of the feathering became apparent. Hours and a change of clothes later, I’m still finding the downy stuff all around. I’m sure I will for several days.

2 comments:

Tiny said...

What? When is world food fight day? Count me in.

Ben said...

Is twitter the only way you could have found out about this?