Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Change in LA!

A's post was super sweet and I'm feeling the same energy right now. Me and my significant other, Kate, headed to the polls at 7am. When we were on our way there we saw a guy across the street from us kind of talking/kind of freaking out about Prop 8 and Kate yelled out "No on 8!" and he gave us a wave and we waved to him. At that point I almost started crying. It just really hit me that I was going to vote. In the past I just didn't feel connected to our political system. I maybe glanced over any ballot measures and basically I didn't care. Now I really feel a part of what's happening today. I want a new president, I am voting for equality, I am voting because, I care.

So we waited in line for an hour and then voted. Afterwards Kate and I were in similar places with what just happened, except I was hiding it more. It probably also helped that I had my "I Voted" sticker on my forehead. She was really nervous and so was I. We just have to wait now. On our way home we saw a "No On Prop 8" guy and Kate asked for a sticker. When I got home I made a sign to have on my backpack during my ride to and from work.

It rained last night in LA so everything is super clear and clean here. The sun is shining and it feels like a perfect day. A new day!