Friday, November 21, 2008

LA Auto Snooze


It's been a dismal year for the auto industry and this year's LA Auto Show does everything right to prove this point. This was the most fun I'd ever had at someone's bedside, just moments before they pulled the plug.

I'm talking about specifically about GM. The car pictured here is the Chevy HHR Panel - nothing more than a Cavalier dressed up as a PT Cruiser for a November Halloween party. This HHR Panel is different from the regular HHR because it has the clever detail in that it's missing two rear windows and has more cheap plastic parts inside than all of the Jacksons combined. Amazing. If you think this is cool, get the fuck out of my country and go back to Douchelvania, or at least stop voting.

Up until today, I was on the fence about the auto industry bailout. Walking the floor of the convention center, one notion is blindingly clear - If you gave them a grey whale stuffed with $25 Billion in cash, they'd use it to make more of the same bullshit.

P.S. Photo stolen from the 24 hour Global Warming Tailgate party called truckinweb.com

1 comment:

Ben said...

I want to go to Douchelvania. . .Road Trip!

I was thinking about the auto bailout thing the other day when I was riding to work and how the only US cars I see are giant SUV's, mini-vans, and cop cars.

I was thinking of how it would be funny if someday the only American cars were public use cars . Busted ass cops cars with FORD on them and you'd have to tell your grandkids how all those gas guzzlers are what American's use to drive and now only residents of Douchelvania drive.