Thursday, December 11, 2008

Holiday Party

Last night was a really busy night here in Los Angeles for your LABLOGituders. First off I have to apologize to all of my fans for not posting for a few weeks. I’ve been super busy putting together an art show that’s opening up in San Francisco this weekend and I’ll post more about that later.

So I made it back from installing the show just in time for my work holiday party and going to Get Mortified. I work at a non-profit and I must say that the holiday party here is up there with any corporate shin-ding. This year they really out did themselves and with the collapse of another notable non-profit art institution in Los Angeles and the cancelling of their holiday party we were really lucky to have such an outlandish and over the top party. They spared no expense and it was a good one this year. We had:

Three free alcoholic drinks per person (more if you ask for extra tickets from your co-workers)
Dance floor with DJ
Santa
Palm reading
Caricatures
Handwriting analyzing
A mash potato bar (where you eat mashed potatoes out of martini glasses)
Dessert bar
Cookie and coffee bar
Vegetables, salad, and roast beef
A raffle for prizes like a T.V. and gift certificates

Last year I snuck two people into the party (we’re only allowed to bring one guest) and this year I was able to smuggle three people in. I was really hoping to win the plasma screen this year so that we could have an excuse to get Guitar Hero and DDR but, I didn’t win, maybe next year. The tradition of the holiday party must go back to that original party when Jesus was born and people were hanging out at night under the stars with gold, weed, and animals. There was gold decorations, AV guys smoking weed, and party animals so it was rather traditional. The party was really fun while it lasted which didn’t last long because, we had to climb into the Yirkomobile and head up to Hollywood for Get Mortified. One thing we did get to do was have our picture taken with Santa. Unfortunately, I don’t have a copy of it, so I found this picture of some young people with Santa on the internet that would be a good stand in. I wish you all safe and festive Holiday parties this year and I hope you can eat some potatoes out of a martini glass too.


3 comments:

Tiny said...

I'm amazed at how this year's holiday party was not at all diminished by the economic meltdown. All you can eat prime f'n rib, gelato, Santa, old money Jews - how can you say no?

Ben said...

I did notice they brought the potatoe bar down a notch. Last year they were "real" potatoes and fried garlic. This year was instant and fried onions. . .tough times. ..

A said...

sounds like good times. the picture of the kids you found on the internet is so sweet.