Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New "Whatever" Year

It’s gonna be New Year’s Eve tonight which I’m looking forward to because; I’ll be spending it with good friends and not working tomorrow. Also, 2008 was crazy. It was a long and stressful year and plenty of awesome and amazing things happened and also a lot of shitty things. At New Years you can use this time to reflect on the past; make resolutions to improve your existence on this planet, and/or get totally wasted! I usually prescribe to the later like most young adults but, this year will be different. I’ll only have a few beers and concentrate more on the Arts and Crafts activities that I’m organizing for earlier in the evening. On tap we’ve got the Times Square ball decorating, glow in the dark bocce ball painting, making super nachos, and then midnight bocce in Beverly Hills.

It feels like a proper end to 2008 and calendar change into 2009. We’re not doing a stupid countdown or cheering when the New Year comes. We’re just going to be hanging out and waiting for New “Whatever” Year to arrive.

So here are my resolutions for the New "Whatever" Year:

· Work out more with Kate. (Leg tosses twice a week and going for a jog once a week.)

· Ride my bike in the mountains at least once every two weeks.

· Rethink why I am an artist and make art.

· Be nice and not say negative things about people anymore.

· Get out of debt. (Not gonna happen but, I’ll take some major steps in doing this.)

· Quit smoking. (I’m just kidding, I don’t smoke. But, if you do, you should quit.)

Have a wonderful transition into a new Judeo-Christian calendar year everyone!

With Love,
Ben

4 comments:

Tiny said...

Well, it's my fault we did the stupid countdown. I support you in your whatever resolutions, particularly the leg tosses.

Ben said...

The countdown was cool. I'm glad we did it and it felt totally normal to be toasting the new years at the bocce courts.

Rude City said...

you said negative stuff towards me. you really need to try harder.

A said...

Bocce on New Year's sounds awesome. And to think all I had was fireworks by a castle. Sheesh.