Sunday, December 14, 2008

Observation

Two thirds of Blogitude went to San Francisco this weekend for Ben's art opening in the Tenderloin. The Girlfriend supplied her magical, whirring, earth-fondling, Al Gore mobile to transport four - Ben and his GF, me and my BF. Yes, it's a Prius.

I've got a lot to say about the trip - chain restaurants, the hard laughter when filling the Prius with cheap gas, starbucks, red bull, Ben's art, the screening of my BF's documentary, the Live DJ mixing in the car both ways, the farting, the food, the farting, the homeless, some yoga that I got out of, the bitter cold, our friends, my refreshed leather pants - but I'll save it for Ben, or maybe I'll get back to it later, or never, I'm busy this week making holiday-based shit.

I'm gonna get a mighty ass-whoopin for saying this - You spend one minute in San Francisco, and even if you were Helen Keller, you'd know right away that Los Angeles is a great big, glorified pile of self-tanning compost.

We got good tacos though.

2 comments:

Tara said...

D! San Francisco is indeed a glorious town. I completely love living here, and I have felt this love unabated for over 12 years. I rue that I missed you this weekend! I want to see EM's documentary!

Ben said...

Thanks for coming, Yirko, it really meant a lot. That didn't sound right but, you know what i mean.

San Francisco. What the fuck? That is one cool fucking town and almost everyone there is really fucking cool. I can't wrap my mind around LA getting the dookie end of the stick. We've got tacos and mountains (I heard on the radio that above 5000 feet all this rain is snow and that's where i ride my bike). How come we DON'T have more community, social structure, environmental cohesiveness, and better drivers?

So what happened to make LA, LA? Hopefully this blog will solve that question as the toilet water swirls around us.. . .