Monday, December 15, 2008

I drove a truck today.

I'm back from an extensive, exhaustive, artistic adventure and I'll blog about it later or not. It was a lot of fun but, really stressful and numbing so I might not want to revisit that period of my life for a little while.

So it's raining in Los Angeles. It started right when I went to bed and it made me feel really happy and cozy to hear the rain dripping on the porch boards. I woke up in the middle of the night to the raccoons making strange raccoon sounds in the rain and then ringing these bells I have hanging. I've got to do some more extensive research on them sometime.

So when I woke up in the morning I was tired and still sore from San Francisco. It was dark and raining so I decided to drive my truck. I hate driving but, sometimes I need to. When it rains I drive for the following reasons:

1. You'll see 100% of car drivers doing the following three things when it rains in Los Angeles: Skidding, turning without using their blinkers, and routinely coating their hands in baby lotion while waiting at traffic signals.

2. Grocery shopping is way easier and I can buy as much as I want when I have the truck. This also means I always buy beer.

3. I know my chances of dying on my bicycle are: Zero. I think my girlfriend really likes this reason.

I'm sure the Nor Cal (Northern California) vs. So Cal (Southern California) debate will begin shortly. And the debate on using the terms Nor Cal and So Cal will also begin. I know if I lived in San Francisco and it was raining I'd be riding my bike to work. When I'm up there and it rains I see everyone going through their lives like it's a bright sunny day. I love that about San Francisco. When it rains in Los Angeles it's kind of like getting a Gremlin wet. In San Fran when it rains it's like getting a Mogwai wet and that's way cuter.

1 comment:

Tiny said...

Pouring water on Los Angeles is like throwing a running microwave into a community pool. Spazz city.